Bad reviews happen
When you are in business, as much as you would like, not everyone is going to like your customer service, your sales attitude and even your product line. When this happens the unsatisfied customer may right a negative review.
Negative reviews can be detrimental to your business if you are not careful. Fortunately, there are ways to get negative reviews removed, even when they appear on the Better Business Bureau’s website.
This article will provide you with step by step instructions on how you can remove those damaging negative reviews from the BBB website. Or you can contact us and we will do it for you. It is a service we provide to help you as you have enough business duties to tend to.
The impact of negative online reviews
Before we get to the step by step procedure of how to remove those negative reviews, it is best that you see how important it is to remove them as quickly as possible. Here is what negative reviews can do to you, your reputation, and your business:
- You lose money as more people stay away and shop at other retailers, etc
- You lose your reputation and prestige. People look at you in a different light
- Former and potential customers do not trust you or your business. Trust is essential when it comes to having a successful business
- You could lose about 30 customers per negative review
- You lose up to 40% of potential customers
- Customers are more willing to share negative experiences than positive ones
- 85% of today’s consumers equate online reviews with personal recommendations
- 68% of today’s consumers trust on line reviews
- 73% of today’s consumers claim positive reviews help them trust a business more
How to remove bad reviews on the BBB
Now that you know how important it is to remove negative online reviews, here are the steps you need to take to remove them from the Better Business Bureau:
- Go to the BBB website
- Type in the your e-mail address and the complaint reference number on the login page
- Or mail or fax in your business name,business address, contact name and contact e-nail address. Also give them the name of the person filing the complaint and the name of the BBB employee handling the matter
- Make sure to supply a concise, brief but factual response to the complaint and submit it through their website or through the mail or fax machine
Will all reviews be removed
The quick and simple answer is no they won’t. But it is best to get your side into the BBB so that they can get the full picture before they approve the complaint. If you need help with the removal we can do that for you.
Keep in mind that the not all complaints are accepted by the BBB. They do not allow any complaints if they are false or if they are a duplicate complaint. The BBB will also not post a complaint if as they say “to not involve an actual marketplace interaction.”
The complaint has to be a truthful account of what actually transpired and they cannot be anonymous. Also, the reviews received by the BBB whether positive or negative are not calculated in the BBB rating of any business.
Some final words
As you can see, it is not a long and difficult process to get a negative review or complaint removed from the BBB. You just have to make sure you tell the truth after you read the actual complaint.
We have provided the link to the BBB’s website to help you access the complaints or negative reviews made against you and your business a lot easier. Just follow the simple steps and you can handle the issue yourself.
Or you can turn the matter over to us and we will take those steps for you. Just remember to provide us with all the information the BBB requires.